Tobias “T. R” Wood purchased lots at a sheriff’s auction in 1910 and built this Queen Anne style house. T.R worked on his father’s cattle ranch located on San Jose Island, When R.R. moved to Victoria to practice law, his brother, Will W. Wood and wife Alpha Kennedy Wood resided in the home. In 1923 the house was purchased by Stephen Ford Jackson and wife Irene Owners of the Jackson seafood company. Their sons, James and Norvell Jackson started a boat building company called Jackson Marine Service and a third business Jackson channel and dock. Features include front, rear and side-facing gables. A semi-wraparound covered porch supported by column ns and spindle work ornamentation.
[map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Wood-Jackson House”]28.029356718105823, -97.05164766750386[/pin] [/map]