1104 E. Concho, Rockport, Tx 78382 (see map)
MARKER TEXT In March 1948, Mrs. Fred B. Hunt issued a call to organize the Woman’s Civic Club. One of the Club’s major early activities was financing a permanent building for the organization. Later that year, the recreation building for Humble Oil Company employees at Ingleside went up for auction, and the club put in a bid that was accepted. The building was then brought to Rockport in three sections by barge. The hip roof, rectangular plan building features a five-bay entrance porch with stone columns, banks of paired windows along each side and an Austin stone veneer.