Spread the love

Established in 1925, The Aransas County Navigation District began a program to improve the harbor. The Rockport Marine Laboratory began in 1935 aboard the houseboat Vivian. In 1947, a permanent building was constructed on the southeast side of the harbor to house the Marine Lab and an aquarium.

H7-RPT.MARINE.LAB_.PW_1

Marine-lab-2 Marine-lab-4 Marine-lab-1

 

[map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Rockport Marine Lab”]28.0244848322699, -97.0475805758906[/pin] [/map]