Leopold M. Bracht House Built in 1881 in the Oklahoma subdivision south of Rockport and moved in three pieces by mule train to its current location in 1887. The Bracht family was an early family in the region, arriving during the Republic of Texas, and was instrumental in the development of Rockport with several mercantile, lumber and furniture stores. Leopold’s father, Viktor Bracht, was the first postmaster, first agent of the Morgan Steamship Line, and named alderman when the Texas Legislature officially incorporated the Town of Rockport in1870. Brothers Adolf and Roland Bracht also have homes still standing within a few blocks of the Leopold Bracht Home.
[map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Leopold M. Bracht House”]28.02470, -97.05216[/pin] [/map]