Pathways Center, is the “go-to” place for information for all of the Aransas Pathways projects. These projects consist of: Birding, History, Kayaking, and Hike and Bike Trails. Pathways Center includes: pavilion with informational kiosks, an open center for meeting space, deck for relaxing and observation of Tule Creek and the adjoining nature site. The project also includes a bridge which connects the North and South sides of Tule Creek and Shellcrete Birding and Nature site.
Grand Opening: “Pathways Center” and Bridge
Wednesday November 12, 2014
Other Activities for the day include:
- Hike/Bike Demo – 11 am -Tule Hike/Bike Trail – Hike and Bike Demo at Tule Hike and Bike Trail (adjoining property). Join Dr. Earl Matthews and Rusty Day, Rockport City Councilman, as they guide you through both the West and East side of Tule Trails.
- History Golf Cart Tour – 11 am; 1:30 PM and 4 pm – History Tour by Golf Cart (2 hour tour – contact Capt. Tommy Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-892-4737 to schedule this event).
- History Center Open House -801 E Cedar – Open House with guided tours.
- Wildflower Walk – 1:30 pm – Linda S. Castro Birding and Nature Sanctuary – Join our birding and nature experts as they walk you through the beautiful Linda S. Castro Birding and Nature Sanctuary pointing out native plants and birds. Located at 4031 Hwy 35 N Fulton.
- Kayak Demo – 2:30 -Airport Road Kayak Site – Local Kayaking Enthusiasts invite you to see and experience nature from a kayak on Copano Bay at Airport Road Kayak Site at the end of Airport road off of Highway 1781.
Directions: 2491 Hwy 35 N (Walmart entrance next to Tule Creek). Please make plans to attend this very important Event for our visitors and community! We Look forward to seeing you there!