Built about 1868, this vernacular early Texas home was purchased in 1872 by James C. Fulton, a noted early business and civic leader.  Fulton sold the home in 1907 to his son-in-law, Albert L. Bruhl, a pharmacist and civic leader who served three terms as mayor of Rockport.  The home exhibits Greek Revival elements and features Italianate porch supports, a five-bay entrance, and oversized dormers.  It has remained in the Bruhl family for over eight decades.    Recorded Texas Historic Landmark – 1988

Fulton-Bruhl-3 Fulton-Bruhl-5 fulton-bruhl Fulton-Bruhl-2

 

[map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Fulton-Bruhl House”]28.02663, -97.05001[/pin] [/map]