Fulton Packeries

Awaiting Description. [map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Fulton’s Packeries”]28.065088348841204, -97.03465104103088[/pin] [/map]

Read more

Fulton Community

Located on Aransas Bay, the town of Fulton has a history closely associated with the fishing and shipping industry.  The town was founded in 1867 by George Ware Fulton, whose mansion is an important local landmark.  Schools, churches, and businesses were quickly established in the town.  A one-room schoolhouse, built in 1886, was relocated and adapted for use as a city hall.  In recent years tourism and commercial fishing and shrimping have become the city’s most important economic pursuits.  The town of Fulton was incorporated in 1978.  (1988) State Historical Marker Number: 2080   [map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Fulton Community”]28.06327, -97.04079[/pin]

Read more

Fulton Harbor

Fulton Harbor is located in downtown Fulton, Texas. Fulton Harbor has historically been a commercial fishing boat harbor, but has become more popular as a recreational boat harbor in recent years.   [map] [pin center=”1″ description=”Fulton Harbor”]28.063665265442324, -97.03405502474084[/pin] [/map]  

Read more

Fulton Schoolhouse Museum

 This building was built in 1886 and used as a one-room schoolhouse in Fulton for many years. It was relocated to this site and used as the Fulton town hall. In 2010, the Fulton town council gave custody of the schoolhouse to the Stenson-Simpson chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. Hours: Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Tours for large groups or schools will be available upon request.   Please contact Town Hall at 361-729-5533 for more information.

Read more