409 N. Magnolia, Rockport, TX 78382 (see map)
Adolph Bracht (1872-1961) was born in Rockport and worked at lumber and grocery stores before establishing his own wholesale and retail grocery in 1899. He was a charter member of the Intracoastal Canal Association and active in the Chamber of Commerce and Sacred Heart Catholic church for many years. He shipped vegetables raised by growers in this area and the Rio Grande Valley. He ran his grocery business until his retirement in 1947. Adolph and his wife Gertrude (Prophet) had nine children. Their prairie-style two-story house (Built c.1898-1902) features lap siding, a low-pitched roof with dormers, wraparound porch with Doric columns and cast stone footings and an asymmetrical facade with bay windows.