2014 Christmas Tour of Historic Homes
Tour proceeds will benefit the History Center for Aransas County (pictured below) at 801 E. Cedar St. The History Center showcases regional history for visitors of all ages.
Save the Dates!
December 6 and December 7, 2014
Sat. 1–5 p.m., Sun. 1–5 p.m.
- Five private homes and two historic venues
- Docents in vintage dress
- Narratives about local history
- Homes decorated for the holiday season
- Displays about families and history
- and Tropical Christmas events on Saturday
- Prices are $15 per adult, $25 for two; children 6–12 years free. Tour not recommended for children younger than 6 years old.
- In November, purchase tickets online at www.aransashistorycenter.org (PayPal), at the Rockport–Fulton Chamber of Commerce, the History Center on Fridays and Saturdays, 10 AM – 2 PM, or at the door of any home during the Tour (check or cash).
The holly and mistletoe will festoon the venues for the 2014 Rockport-Fulton Tour of Historic Homes – Saturday and Sunday, December 6-7, 1:00 – 5:00 PM each day. Seven venues will be decorated for the holidays. Each year different homes are featured on the tour to provide new experiences for the guests.
Docents in vintage dress appropriate to the house will greet visitors and provide a commentary. Historical facts about the homes and their owners will connect the visitors to the real history of these local treasures. Unique to the Tour will be” Salty Pines”, a weekend retreat nestled in the oaks and pines along Little Bay. In Fulton, the Old Fulton Dance Hall will invite folks to imagine the lively events that went on inside. One of the first homes on Key Allegro will call attention to the fifty year anniversary of that development. The History Center will feature the “Newseum of Aransas County: 145th Anniversary of the Rockport Pilot” with displays of artifacts and photgraphs from publishing and printing.
Venues on the Tour include Salty Pines (Ray & Raymond Chilton), 1511 Broadway in Rockport; Sparks-Kubelka home (Gene & Kay Kubelka), 1027 N. Live Oak; Dalton and Kay Wallace home, 21 Nassau; History Center for Aransas County, 801 E. Cedar St.; Harbor Lights Cottages, 108 Laurel (Dyllas and Rangel & Canann); Old Dance Hall (Tica Gibson & Marion Winsett), 407 Broadway in Fulton; and Fulton Schoolhouse (DRT), 205 7th St.
If you would like to volunteer to be a docent, contact Francine Coxwell at FCoxwell@navyarmyccu.com. Vintage costumes are available for loan during the Tour.
If you would like to be an underwriter at $1000, $500 or $250 or more, please contact Jackie Shaw at Jackie@interconnect.net.