Find your Pathway in Birding!
Join us for a special Aransas Pathways Event
ROCKPORT-FULTON, TX — Come join in as we take you on a tour of Aransas Pathways birding sites and win! The event will be the kick-off for the 31st Annual HummerBird Celebration. It will start on Thursday September 19, 2019 at 8:30 am with a coffee and snack welcome at the Aransas Pathway’s Center Pavilion, 2491 Hwy 35 North (Walmart entrance next to Tule Creek) in Rockport. Attendees will visit four Aransas pathways sites including Tule East, Linda S. Castro Sanctuary, Connie Hagar Cottage Sanctuary and The History Center for Aransas County. This is a self-guided tour with specific times to visit each site.
The event will include a Birding card game in which participants will collect special cards at each site. Cards will be distributed on a first come, first served basis. A playing card will be collected at each site. The participant who holds the winning hand at the end of the tour will be awarded a pair of Eagle Optics Kingbird 6.5×32 Binoculars.
Aransas Pathways is holding a special event in honor of the HummerBird Celebration and to introduce our Pathways birding and nature sites. Open to the public. We encourage both visitors and locals to attend and participate!
The Tour times are as follows:
- 8:30am – Meet at the Pathways Center Pavilion -2491 Hwy 35 North for a Presentation of Aransas Pathways and tour Tule West/East (coffee and Danishes). 1st card distributed
- 9:00am – 9:30 am-Tour Tule East – Just across the street from Pathways Pavilion. – 2nd card distributed
- 9:45 – 10:15am – Discover Linda S. Castro Nature Sanctuary, 4041 TX-35, Rockport, TX. 3rd – card distributed
- 10:30 – 11:15am – Explore Connie Hagar Cottage Sanctuary, 1401-1499 S Church St, Rockport 4th card distributed
- 11:30 -11:45 – Meet at History Center – 801 E Cedar St, Rockport, to view the Gardens and collect final card. 5th card distributed.
* Prize presentation at 11:45 at the History Center
The tour and game are both open to the public. We encourage our visitors and locals alike to participate.
For more information on the event 361-729-6445.