Located on Aransas Bay, the town of Fulton has a history closely associated with the fishing and shipping industry.  The town was founded in 1867 by George Ware Fulton, whose mansion is an important local landmark.  Schools, churches, and businesses were quickly established in the town.  A one-room schoolhouse, built in 1886, was relocated and adapted for use as a city hall.  In recent years tourism and commercial fishing and shrimping have become the city’s most important economic pursuits.  The town of Fulton was incorporated in 1978.  (1988)

State Historical Marker Number: 2080

Fulton-Community-5 Fulton-Community-6 Fulton-Community-7 Fulton-Community-1 Fulton-Community-2 Fulton-Community-3