Before the growth of fishing and tourism industries, Fulton was a community of only about 200 settlers. Although Sunday schools met in town, residents had to travel to Rockport for worship services. In 1943, Frank Walker, visiting the area on a fishing trip, preached to a gathering in Fulton; he resigned a position in Fort Worth and moved here to organize a church. The next year, members erected a sanctuary. This nondenominational congregation grew and became a vital community institution. In 1983, members supplemented their old sanctuary with a new structure. Today, the church continues to serve Fulton, Rockport, Lamar, and the surrounding area. – Historical Marker Text. Marker erected 2010. Located at the southwest corner of 3rd & Chaparral.